• Substitute Teachers

    Job Openings

    At the Pittsburg Adult Education Center (PAEC), we are always looking for talented and passionate substitute teachers for English as a Second Language, Basic Academic Skills, High School and GED Diploma and Career Tech Education classes.

    Job Requirements

    In order to substitute at the PAEC, you need a California teaching credential. A B.A or B.S. is a requirement for taking the CBEST test. After passing the CBEST, you can go to the California Commission on Teacher Credentialling and apply for a 30 Day Emergency Substitute Permit.  If you need assistance with this process, please contact the Principal, Lynne Nicodemus, at (925)473-4460.

    Application Process

    Once you have obtained your Emergency Subsitute Permit, please call or email the principal, Lynne Nicodemus, at lnicodemus@pittsburg.k12.ca.us for the application process to substitute.

    For complete information on teaching in the Pittsburg Unified School District, please refer to the Human Resources section.